I am no longer, as of October 2008 working as a class teacher at Sandaig, so have moved this blog to another server. If you want to comment on this post, pleas search for it there.
26 12 06 5 things you may not know about me
(if you only know me through my blog)
I've been tagged by Tom
- I used to be a zoo keeper, at the now defunct Glasgow Zoo. I worked in the carnivore section and co-authored AFAIR a few articles for various journals mostly about behavioural enrichment. I'll leave others to decide if this experience helped or hindered my teaching.
- I have played tai chi for over 16 years. I manage a few tai chi websites.
- I entered the teaching profession for financial reasons when working as a zoo keeper (my daughter was born), I though I'd give it a go for a couple of years (about 15-16 years ago).
- Unlike many edu bloggers I had an instinctive dislike for computers, until my head teacher 'made' me take an apple mac lc475 home over the summer. I bought my first computer in 1995 a Performa 630. This is considerably later than most folks entry to ict. HyperCard was the application that got my attention.
- I have had poetry rejected by a poetry magazine, entirely justified I hasten to add, a very short lived ambition.
I am tagging David
Thanks for playing along John – hope you had a good Christmas.
Tom Barrett (Email) (URL) - 27 12 06 - 10:10
By the way, interestingly my first computer was also an apple, an iBook the old seashell type. I got it for my 21st birthday at university – so I was pretty late into too.
Tom Barrett (Email) (URL) - 27 12 06 - 10:12
Ha! I guessed someone might have beaten me to it!
john sutton (Email) - 17 01 07 - 18:07
Better late than never? Five things you may not know about me
David Muir (Email) (URL) - 01 02 07 - 22:53
Small print: All html tags except <b> and <i> will be removed from your comment. You can make links by just typing the url or mail-address.
I am no longer, as of October 2008 working as a class teacher at Sandaig, so have moved this blog to another server. If you want to comment on this post, pleas search for it at: http://www.johnjohnston.info/blog.